otopharynx lithobates

nudge

Is anyone out there breeding these guys or know of anyone breeding them. Am trying to track down one for my malawi tank pref male but will buy fry to grow out. They had some at hollywoods but they didnt look that nice, Looking for ones with the bright yellow blaze and yellow forehead, if fish have foreheads?

As of a few weekends ago I have a pair of big blaze ones (full yellow blaze right to nose and good blue in body).. Thought I was going to loose the female she was so ratty but she is recovering nicely, once she has fattened up will be putting them together and trying to breed them.. I also met a guy who brought some dems off me the other day and he said he has a pair of big blaze ones and fry so I have asked him if I can view and buy some when they are ready..

awesome ryan stoked to hear u have some. Definately put me at the top of the que for some, have been after these guys for ages. Any chance of some photos? would be interested to see them as i've only seen pics of firenz. Are they difficult to breed?

awesome ryan stoked to hear u have some. Definately put me at the top of the que for some, have been after these guys for ages. Any chance of some photos? would be interested to see them as i've only seen pics of firenz. Are they difficult to breed?

I will try and get some pics, the ones I got were quite skinny so I am trying to fatten them up and see if I can get them going.. Not hard to breed at all really same as any mouth brooder, I have had them and bred them before but had issues with the males aggression and he wiped out all the females then someone cracked him in my big display tank.