Please ID these

northland chic

There is 3 or 4 cichlids at our petshop and I'm fairly sure they are the higher ph type. I always feel for them because I think they are meant to be keep in a species colony? I know I can't keep them my water is really low ph straight out of the tap but would like them to at least be id'ed in the hopes they can find a better environment. At present they are in a AR620 maybe with 2 big choc talking cats (15+cm) and a breeding pair of severums not quite full grown. Sorry about the poor pics. I recognised one out of smideys for sale ad but I think it is meant to have a patch of yellow not faint white

Image0036rotated.jpg

Image0035.jpg

Image0037.jpg

I know the last one is really bad but I figure someone will know! Thanks for any help I get on this :)

Yeah have to agree on the ice blues and tropheus dub - make sure you feed lots of vege based food for the dub otherwise you may bloat it.. The top one could be an electric blue (Sc. fryeri) but would need more better pics to actually comment further..

In that sized tank with the ice blues and depending on the temperament of the dub you may have aggression issues, also no need to worry about what your PH is out of the tap it is pretty easy to buffer your PH and GH to make it suitable for africans.

There is no aggression that I have seen, they all stick together at the top of the tank because the severums seem to be having eggs every week and they get quite grumpy. When I went in yesterday I think she was going to move the choc cats out to give the baby sevs a chance, she feels sad for the parents. Apparently the tropheus dub had a mate but its passed away. I always really like the demasoni's and the blotchy coloured ones. Do they require alot of water changes? I already use oyster grit in my filters, how else can I buffer the ph? I had never thought about keeping them. I have just set up a sunsun 200l so far all I know is it has to house some plants and my trio of long fin bristlenose. I do miss having some of the bigger fish :( all I have now is tetras

The sev's were pretty cool but don't really want to devote my new tank to just them and don't need a whole army of baby sev's.