How do I get my hoplos to spawn.

Carriej

Ok.

My Hoplos are in spawning condition. She is fat and looks about ready to burst, he has strong red in his fins, and slightly lighter red on his underbelly.

However:

I don't want to wait forever, these guys are eating a heck of alot of food, + power and space, and if they dont start pumping out juveniles to pay for themselves, then they have to go. I have read alot of stuff on the net about how to spawn them, and have tried lowering the water level, doing cold water changes, and altering the PH.

My question is this: Does anyone know how to simulate rain, preferably without spending much. does anyone know the correct PH, DKH ect to spawn them at, and if anyone has had success with these fellas I would like to hear from you.

Thankyou

Tristan

there not suppose to be very hard just make sure there is plenty of plants at the top for the male to build his bubblenest also are you surer you have a pair put a pic on here and we can sex them if you do have a pair just lower water and slow filtration right down or even off and wait