Cheap dosing setup ideas wanted

wasp

Just wondered if anyone had some useful ideas on this, I want to dose up to several hundred mls of additive to the tank over the day, to buy a proper dosing pump is $300.00 plus, just wondered if anybody got any thoughts on a cheaper way, has to be accurate and able to work over the course of a day though.

At the moment I'm adding by hand, but can be a hassle sometimes. I know this may be a big ask and perhaps there is no other way, but just thought I'd ask.

Layton is right, I didn't want to splash out the case on the Peri pump, but afer much research and a few 'ghetto' systems of my own I finally gave it and purchased an IKS dosing pump. On of my better investments.

The other other really reliable way is to use a solinoid and timer or flat switch from a resivour, but its not as relaible and may be more expensive than the Peri.

YMMV.

Pie

The other other really reliable way is to use a solinoid and timer or flat switch from a resivour, but its not as relaible and may be more expensive than the Peri.

Yeah, that could work. You'd have to elevate the liquid, as it won't be self priming like peristaltic.

Also it wouldn't be able to deliver a set volume of liquid. It would depend on how full the reservoir was.

Layton