Where to buy africans in new zealand?

encinitas

Hello,

I have recently moved to the Wairarapa from California and I am planning on starting a new fish tank. I have kept africans for many years, but I have had a diffucult time locating them in New Zealand. I am willing to drive a good distance to get some quality fish, so do any of you know where some good lfs's are for both malawis and tangs?

Any input is much appreciated.

hi

I'm selling cichlids at the moment, Malawis and tanganyikans, I've got a post in the private trade section. They're all in pretty good nick except the female peacocks which got beaten up before spawning recently (both brooding eggs at present), also more mature fish than you often see in shops.

Wet pets Palmerston North can be good for cichlids, varies a bit, but always used to be good displays there of all sorts of fish (not so much marines), worth a visit. Good round trip for you, up through the Wairarapa and back down the coast if you feel like sight-seeing.

We got most of our cichlids from Tropical Blues in Tirau, have always been impressed with what's on offer there and seems to keep getting better. Once you're there, Auckland's just a skip away and aquarium shops there are in a different league really, Hollywoods, Jansens etc usually have variety and some good deals.

cheers

Michael