MudSkippers

snookie

They were at hff about 2 years ago I remember as I wanted them but I was just dismantling my tanks at that time to go over seas. A bit like archers havn't seen them for ages then hff got one in I think recently and that was it?. I used to have 2 big ones such awesome fish.

• 3 weeks later...

I kept mud skippers about 7 yrs ago. Real hard to find I waited for ages to get them. Quite hard to keep I found, difficult to keep temp above water warm and humid, saying that they were real cool. My flatmate who thought he knew lots about fish kept altering the temperature, moving stuff in tank around etc when i wasnt around. I went away for a week and when i came back they were all dead. They acted very similar to the native bullies you can keep , ate blood worms, earth worms and scooted around on bottom. They had little pointed teeth and would bite your fingers. Bullies make a good alternative, in fact I wouldn't buy mud skippers again, just keep bullies or marine triple fins or blennies or gobies all I have kept and all very similar in behaviour (in the water that is)!