Wild Discus Photos

oscnz

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find,thanks for sharing.A few friends keep wild discus and altums.After seeing them,I just cant understand how people keep,or develop,those horrific jelly bean forms.Each to their own I s'pose.

Heres a pricelist a friend of mine recently posted,to see if anyone wanted to order any.These are in Euro,so I guess double it near enough for NZ dollars!

Blue DiscusTapajosXL€80

Blue DiscusTapajosL€70

Brown Discus (solid red/brown)Xingu XL€80

Brown Discus (solid red/brown)Xingu L€80

Heckel cross baby AmazonasM€60

Heckel cross AmazonasXL€60

Royal Alenquer TapajosXL€250

Super Red AlenquerTapajosXL€250 jeebus crisps!

Semi Royal Alenquer TapajosXL€130

Red Alenquer TapajosXL€130

Cuipeua royalalenquerXL€250

cuipeua super redalenquerXL€250

inannum giant discusAmazonasXL€130

green royalteféXL€190

semi royal spot teféXL€130

tucurui red discustucuruiXL€80

Nice find,thanks for sharing.A few friends keep wild discus and altums.After seeing them,I just cant understand how people keep,or develop,those horrific jelly bean forms.Each to their own I s'pose.

Heres a pricelist a friend of mine recently posted,to see if anyone wanted to order any.These are in Euro,so I guess double it near enough for NZ dollars!

Blue DiscusTapajosXL€80

Blue DiscusTapajosL€70

Brown Discus (solid red/brown)Xingu XL€80

Brown Discus (solid red/brown)Xingu L€80

Heckel cross baby AmazonasM€60

Heckel cross AmazonasXL€60

Royal Alenquer TapajosXL€250

Super Red AlenquerTapajosXL€250 jeebus crisps!

Semi Royal Alenquer TapajosXL€130

Red Alenquer TapajosXL€130

Cuipeua royalalenquerXL€250

cuipeua super redalenquerXL€250

inannum giant discusAmazonasXL€130

green royalteféXL€190

semi royal spot teféXL€130

tucurui red discustucuruiXL€80

Would be nice just to see a list here in NZ that we could order from! I would pay some of those prices (dependent on quality), although €250 would be a bit of a stretch! :o

What our local shops have started doing is posting their suppliers lists on the forum,we can then contact them with any requests,they can work it out and get back to us with a price.That list I posted,they are special order(there was arrowana on it too,you dont want to see their prices!),and the buyer must collect on morning they are delivered to shop,ie you will get them in the bag they came in,a bit less stress for the fish.A friend has just got an import license and we did a test order from Columbia,horrifically cheap prices,but theres all the add ons,fees,packaging,vet fees,transport,etc,etc,then when they get here theres paperwork,VAT,etc,etc.

Maybe you could approach your shops and see if they could do something similar?Saves getting down there to find the species you wanted has sold out.