WANTED: NATIVE REPTILE CAGE

jc254

trademe is your best bet on the reptile section,or fish tank section

ALTERNATELY, you could buy say one of those 50$ bookcases from the warehouse(or again trademe a 2nd hand 1) an then take out the middle shelves an do a weebit of cutting here an there cover it with some mesh an a hinged lid.cost you next to nothing compared to a new one...

if you have someone to help out with tools an stuff plywood sheets cost about 30$ ea I think, youd only need 1 or 2 and about 3m of timber an a roll of mesh.

tools needed

hand saw

drill/hammer

staple gun(to hold mesh in place)

those "U" type nails to fix mesh once you got it placed right

screws/nails

tape measure an straight edge(you can use timber as straight edge if you cut it last :) )

could be a good weekend project for ya!

I used to make rat cages the same way when I had like 15rats :lol:

Here's abit of general info that maybe handy. Not sure how upto date it is.

http://www.reptiles.org.nz/uploads/PDF/ ... izards.pdf

Bigger than the recommended is always best. Can keep more lizards that way :P , more likely to get permit in the first place and or animals from other keepers.

Doesnt hurt to drop into your local DOC office and ask their opinion.

Joining NZHS is a good idea if you havent already, they've also launched a new forum recently.

Other members in your area maybe keen to show you their setups. Best to get it right otherwise may struggle to get a permit.

hth

p.s to actually answer your question :lol: , I dont think anyone makes appropriate enclosures to sell. I could be wrong though.

Most rewarding to make your own if possible. Im sure you could get a handy man or builder to wack something together if need be, just costs more.