guppies tail is odd please help

MorknMindy

I have just lost one of my male guppies. He was fine yesterday but dead today :( We removed him from the tank but couldn't see anything obvious wrong with him other than the fact he was dead :(

Now the other male guppy seems to have something wrong with his tail it is not fanned out anymore it looks like it has been stuck together. He still seems to be happy enough eating well and we have just checked the water and that is fine please if anyone has any idea let me know

Not that it probably has anything to do with it but just in case the female guppies have just had babies

Now the other male guppy seems to have something wrong with his tail it is not fanned out anymore it looks like it has been stuck together. He still seems to be happy enough eating well and we have just checked the water and that is fine please

It sounds to me like he has clenched fins/tail which means he's not feeling too good either! When you say you've checked the water you didn't say what you'd checked it for? The PH, to see if there is any ammonia or nitrite or what? How about the temperature, is the heater still working? Does he have any white spots anywhere on his body or fins?

I lost a whole tank of baby platies once from not knowing why they had clenched fins - it turned out to be white spot which wiped out the whole tank, I couldn't see in on the babies until it was too late!