Tropheus availability

smidey

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/imports/ ... ic.all.htm

T duboisi and moorii are both on the list, so any subspecies/variants of those two could be brought into NZ legally.

can you shed some light on this for me? moori are on the list which technically opens the door for alot of rainbows which would be great but i see none of the "sp black" which include the ikolas, pembas & bulu points which we all know are here. all very confusing for a newbie into what is or is not allowed.

May surprise somebody but the new Import list is nearly there and a lot more will be available soon...

The list will be finalized I think tommorow. Then it's become official.

If anyone know somebody who likes cichlids and can do the quarantine for African cichlids please let me know.

I've got a list from Germany with beautifull fish wich become allowed for import.

This is the great opportunity!!

If anyone interested PM for the new list. :bounce:

I've got a list from Germany with beautifull fish wich become allowed for import.

This is the great opportunity!!

If people are willing to put their money where their mouths are, so many "really keen" for Altolamprologous until they are actually available for $100 each...

PM me a copy of the list if you can, will be interesting to see whats on it.

Smidey the problem with the 'Sp. Black' etc is that they're a Sp. not a named species...

there's no problem with them, they are here. its the others that i'd like to know how difficult it would be to get in, like the rainbows. If they are allowed in without any other documentation above the standard already done stuff then is there any reason why they cannot come from aussie?

there's no problem with them, they are here.

I mean they can't legally be imported as they aren't a named species.

If they're on the list they can be imported from anywhere, including Australia. The problem is the importers tend to stick to their preferred suppliers (same reason we don't get top quality cichlids from Jeff Rapps in the US), so if you wanted to bring fish in from oz you'd need to convince them they could get a large enough quantity at a low enough price to make it financially viable.