What can i put in my tank with platys, guppies and neons

guppygal

:lol: Ive been looking in pet shops and online and love the look of the Butterfly Rams, yellow peacocks and Cichlids. But after reading up on these varieties Im not sure if they will cohabit together. Some breeders say yes some say no. Anyhow im just wondering if anyone has any of these in with their tanks or what you do have in with your guppies. Thanks

Hi guppygal :) Butterfly Rams and Yellow Peacocks are both Cichlids. The Butterfly Ram is a dwarf Cichlid and will be OK with your other fish but will most likely eat any fry that the livebearers may produce, although if there's enough planting some may survive. The Yellow Peacocks need different water parameters and when grown will make a meal of smaller tankmates. I suggest you research the Dwarf cichlids, there are some magnificent fish available, like the Apistogramma family for instance.

HTH :D

Hi :P

Thanks for that, it was the butterfly rams I really liked. I'll google dwarf cichlids and see what i can find. I was thinking I could go Gourammis and swordtails too. Id like to find someone who sells the butterfly rams privately if I can.

Thanks for that

You're welcome. Have a little look on this site...http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/index.html ...at the 'Community Creator'. It's a handy tool but I wouldn't take it as gospel. It will give you an indication of what you can and can't keep and then you can post back on this forum to see what experiences others have had with the same mix.