Glass thickness???

Kermit

completely agree with the motto - especially true for design phase (otherwise you're at a point of no return!) for example - when the tanks in, waters in, rocks are in, corals are in, fishies are in and you are having problems because you dont have enough water flow,... or lighting,... or plumbing is wrong size :D ,you have to spend the money to get it working or risk dead fish or corals or massive maintenance. spend the time getting your design right (sometimes only trial & error is the only true test though) and save $$$!!!

Yeah Tunze hmmmm tunze, but you seen the price for those fans (as thats all they are) yeah i know the amount i'm spending as it is, as if i'd miss a couple of thou on them, i'll use the wifes makeup budget a :) really tho i just refuse to spend that kind of money on something thats cheaper to make then your standard pump (rip off) oops i'l get some rep for that.

Who's brand were they? I'm using the Osram electronic ballast on my tank as it is and they're good, actually the selling point of these are they are easier on lamps and prevent lamps exploding when at end of life, mind you i'm running 10000k lamps so whites, white.

but interesting on the 14000k's.

interferance can be stopped with some inline supressors if problems occur not ya cheap appliance plugin crap either they're only good for spikes and even then its to late, i'm talking cap/resistor type maybe even more.

Electronic's has so many advantges like less heat a lot less, smaller, lite weight.

But then there's down side i suppose a little more exspensive ($10 more for the 150watts) interference if cheap make (you get what you bye, oops thats the tunze repeating itself).

Reef - Digital ballast as opposed to Electronic ballast? Without getting into a semantic arguement, whats the guts?

I am in the market for some electronic (digital??) ballasts 400w. Anyone got a source.

Reef - did you stop using the CoralVue ones? What you running now? Got any adivice for me as I need to purchase lights soon!

Ohhh and if you can't do a 8 foot tank for less than 20k there is something horribly wrong with the world.

Pies