Is Polystrene under a tank necessary

aquadude

Poly helps take up irregularities and any peices of grit that may be under your aqaurium. Even a little stone under your tank when filled with water will crack the glass.

It can be anywhere from 1mm up I think, might have to get that one confirmed. My thinest peices are about 1mm thick.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=1269975 <--- He's really good. Makes tank and sells poly. You can also find it at places liek Noel Leeming and Harvey Norman I'd imagine.

It doesn't have to be polystyrene, camping rolls will do. You can get them from the red shed.

HTH

what tanks do you mean? the "factory tanks", aqua one, sunsun etc have it on the bottom but can only see it from beneath it.

The tanks I have whice are Elite doesn't have any.

So should it.?

One os a 5LT and the other is a 60lt

The have a frame around them so I don't know if that means they are ok.?????

your not going to need it with a 5 litre. 60 litre i thought would need some, its a glass tank?

the problem with glass is that if you stress one area i can crack so the poly help level the tank & also stops small debris pressing on one area & creating a stress point.

\

They are both glass.

Will work out a way so I can put it down under the tank.