2 Zebras lost one eye

Susi

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that one of the zebras only had one eye left...I was really puzzeld and not sure what happend. Last night I saw that the same thing happen to anohter one. It must have happen not long ago as the eye socket is still red. I'm not sure why this happening as I don't have any aggresive fish in the tank. (neons, platies, mollies, corys, birstelnose, clowns and flying foxes - which I just added last weekend)

The only thing I could think of is one of the zebras is a spottet one and that seems to be chasing the rest of them a little. I don't have any spear tanks so I could seperate them. But shall i try putting it in a breeding net??? What happens if a fish looses two eyes????

I had the same happen to a catfish about 3 weeks ago, he is fine, no infection, I think one of the other fish must have eaten it as it hasn't happened to any other eyes in the tank.

But here is one of the answers I got: (beginners)

Sometimes fish can get a tumor like growth behind the eye(like a cyst) and they can swell untill they burst, popping the eye out and releasing the cyst bugs(spores?) into the water and possibly affecting other fish.

May pay to keep an eye on the other fish

Good Luck