Beaufortia kweichowensis

sandman

I have just picked up two young borneo suckers.They have been it my tank now for a week, and I am really not to sure if they are feeding or not.I have been putting in spirulina discs in and the flakes that I feed the WCMM's, some fall to the bottom.I have not seen them eat anything from the gravel at all. They do go up and down the glass all the time, and I have seen waste hanging out of there behinds, so they must be getting something.Do they feed at night when the lights are out? Or am I just not looking at the right times? :o

These guys are loaches, and not catfish.

My Gastromyzon are particularly fond of shrimp pellets, they used to be in a community tank and would quite happily eat any flake or granular food that made it to their piece of driftwood before the other fish got to it.

They are now in a dedicated fast flowing setup and I only feed them sinking food, as the flake just disappears into the larger rockwork and goes off.

They eat algae off the glass and rocks, and it is recommended that you provide this for them as part of a balanced diet.

More info here

Thank you for that Zev.That link to loaches online was a very interesting read, good info.I have the tank set so it has a good current and plenty of bubbles and the like. The WCMM love it and the loaches do not seem to have any problems yet, so fingers crossed.I have placed some stones out side in a sunny place, so they can go green,hopefully that should keep them happy.Thanks again for answering. :P