My Apistogramma have fry

cichlid7

i think they are the Apistogramma Cacatuoides

Are they the ones you got at the same time as me? They were Cacatuoides. Well done on getting fry. Mine have spawned four times and the best I've got from them is wrigglers. I'm conditioning them for another go now. I think I've learned how my pair behaves now so I have a plan that I hope will bear fry.

Are they the ones you got at the same time as me? They were Cacatuoides. Well done on getting fry. Mine have spawned four times and the best I've got from them is wrigglers. I'm conditioning them for another go now. I think I've learned how my pair behaves now so I have a plan that I hope will bear fry.

yep the same ones

they laid in a terracotta pot cut in half. i think it might have something to do with them temp of the water as in my fishroom i only have 1 300w heater going in my planted tank and the room stay's on about 27-28*c but over the last couple of weeks as it has been getting warmer my fishroom has been getting warmer and their tank has been on about 31*c and they never tried to eat there eggs like they have done the past few times

What temp is your tank?

I think there are around 50ish fry which are now starting to swim up to 15cm away from the parents. 8) 8) :P:P

Is there anything special i need to do for the fry?

They're cool little fish aye :)

My pair laid once and the female ate them all but one that got free swimming then eventually died and got eaten.. The next 2 spawns are still going she is still with the second batch, unfortunately the male jumped :( So on the look out for another male or playing the waiting game and raising the babies to start again.. Babies are easy to raise, feed them microworms or any food for small babies I have used the nova baby range with them but microworms are good :)

They are eating BBS and seem to be going fine will get them on a mixture of BBS and microworms next week sometime

Its harder than i thought to get a pic of the fry also it is hard to stay in the fishroom for more than a few minutes because it is so hot in chch today and my fishroom is now sitting on 34*c with the door open and a couple of big fans blowing the air to keep it cooler.

Hi Cichlid7,

Once you get a few up to size, would you be keen on a swap?

I have my room up and running now so you will have to come and have a look.

MTS puts me at 50 ish tanks. smallest at 80l...its been a long summer what can I say...lol

If anyone wnats to have a look they are more than welcome. Sorry no photos as yet as I cant seem to get thru the work firewall with images

Navarre