where else to get gear...?

Dave+Amy

bunnings

heat lamp/light fittings all sorts to choose from - $6-15

60-10watt bulb $2-6

fluro cant memba prices but about $30 for a double 2 foot fitting - but u will need to wire cord etc

try electrical store/wholsaler for reptile tubes - sylvania is 1 brand - round 20-30bux

if you want ceramic fittings for bulbs bunnings sell like the sensor security lights but without sensor (i think) in singles or doubles, can use as is or take ceramic fitting out and just wire up and hang in tank hth

Hi guys, have you tried a electrical wholesaler, they also sell to the public. places like REXEL on ghuznee st, and few others around town. Give them a ring they will be able to tell you if they have in stock. go in on a good day and the discount could be good (lol).

If you know a sparky see if they can source for you, their discounts are often good.

hope this helps.

I didnt think of bunnings, il check them out and see what they got. Do the heat bulbs have to be infared or can they be radiant? I have just noticed on the exo-terra bulbs that they are infared.

Il also try my luck at a electrical store and see what they have, they usually dont like one off customers though, they like their sparky customers haha

Nah normally they are not to bad if you explain what its for. Normally ive found the only ones to be rude think a) females dont know what they are on about or b) think your are doing some big job and think your doing it all yourself and your going to blame them when things go wrong. Love the look on there face when i say no i am the electrican, beside females will normally get a better discount :wink:

Hi guys, have you tried a electrical wholesaler, they also sell to the public. places like REXEL on ghuznee st, and few others around town. Give them a ring they will be able to tell you if they have in stock. go in on a good day and the discount could be good (lol).

If you know a sparky see if they can source for you, their discounts are often good.

hope this helps.

there ! you do have a rexel on ghuznee st.

even mastertrade have given me quotes for reptile tubes before, should be one of them in wellington

there are differant ratings on reptile bulbs like sylvania are 5% uv output and others can be upto 10% but not sure you can even get them here (nz), pet shops may sell something upto a 8% but i could be wrong, been meaning to ask what other reptile keepers are using actually :lol:

(ps outputs maybe uva and uvb or something but what ever it is the higher normally better, bulbs should be replaced every 6months/atleast yearly)