Bristlenose Swollen with tumour??? URGENT, Please help!!

lmsmith

I've posted this in diseases also, but I think you catfish guys may know more about what to do. Sorry mods, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do, but I'm really worried about it.

My bristlenose is grossly swollen and he has a big swelling around his anus. I've tried to get photos, but they're pretty blurry because he's not keen on being isolated.

He's pretty active still, but I'm really worried that he's going to explode, as I had one do this before. He's in a tank with about 6 other bristlenoses and lots of guppies, with driftwood, and he gets fed veges, JBL disks, frozen food etc. Nothing in his diet has changed recently, except I've been feeding microworms to the guppies.

What can I do?

photo-11.jpg

photo-10.jpg

His swelling appears to have burst, and is bleeding a tiny bit. There looks to be a white, hardish lump sticking out of where it's burst. Should I squeeze him, add salt? Feed him??

dont squeeze him, I would personally separate him from the rest as he could have internal parasites that will definitely pollute the water and infect other fish. It could be a tumor but I cant tell from the pic, I would worm him personally.

What is his feces look like, is he pooing?

How quickly did this happen? what are all the other fish like? are they showing any signs of parasites? are they pooing?

Is it a female? could it be egg bound?

He's def. a male. I've separated him for the moment and he's looking ok. He's not pooping. All of the other fish are fine, and they've all been wormed, so I don't think its parasites.

I've just had an email from a breeder who's said he's probably eaten bad food and has a bacterial infection, and will probably die. I know he's probably right; he really knows what he's talking about, but I really hope that my little fish is going to be ok!