Discus not eating

matthewY

Oh yeah Dave, With regards to your discus.... I wouldnt wait too long before deciding somethinsg wrong (if somethign it wrong).... I left my guy for maybe a month.... he was spitting out food but would go back to the ones he spat out and so I assumed he always got some food.... By the time I noticed how skinny he was (u know how you second guess yourself), he was still acting normal (if excluding the spitting). eventually he just stoped eating.

garlic guard was mentioned earlier for helping me. From readings... garlic is a very powerful preventive for lots of problems and I prob would start adding that into the foods earlier rather then later while they are still eating. Only issue I have seen in my readings as to why you wouldnt use it is that it can dirty the water a bit (leave oil skim on teh surface).

Yesterday on my way home with the lack of metro, I tried picking up a little tube thing thinking if worst comes to the worst, I would force feed the guy food / garlic mix.... didnt get a chance...

all the best and if you think you are having issues, best to try and source metro earlier rather then later.... esp if u need to take them to the vet to actually get hold of it....

Sorry to hear about the Discus, I hate it when that happens. I do like to use garlic guard for my fish regularly because of all the benefits of it and I do notice a difference in them being stronger and so forth. Good luck with the rest and lets hope you don't loose any more.

read somethign about you getting a wet cloth and holding the discus out of the water while you slowly "inject" the mashed up food into the moth.... making sure you dont do it to fast etc...

It sounds really stressful on the poor guy but if u get to the point where you think by leaving it , it will die, then as a last resort.....

will find the link tonught and post here....

was just a false alarm with my two, they ate on the first night I got them then went a bit emo (antisOcial and skittish + not eating) but now they're eating..was getting worried and even brought Garlic Guard. well at least now i know what to do if any of them get sick. thanks, Matthew