marine invader

minchton

I have a thing taking over my tank. It is like a small anenome sort of.

It has a stalk with a flower head which has feelers all around the edge.

I have been told that cold water will kill them but I have injected then with water, I have soaked them in ice water,and I have scraped them with a needle. I have seen it in another tank and all the inhabitants avoid it like the plague.I have also been told not to come in contact with them as they sting.

Sorry this is the best description I can give but any ideas would be appreciated thanks. Mitch

sounds like aiptasia. I have used a solution of sodium hydroxide (draino) to rid them from my tank. Just inject it into them, and you'll never see them again. People also use kalk paste, but it doesn't work nearly as well as sodium hydroxide.

Layton

I have successfully rid my tank of Aipstasia using kalk paste. I had maybee, 200 confirmed kills.

Although the description doesn't sound like Aipstasia, it sounds like Marjano's. I have these too, havn't tried to kill them yet (they are quite pretty), but I understand they are difficult.

Whichever they are, my advice is that you should find a soultion (kalk, drano, boiling hot water) whichever you find success with and hit them now (stop reading and hop to it). They will not stop on their own.

When I first noticed Aipstasia I had maybee 30, when I realised it was a problem, I had maybee 200.

So far my Marjano population has doubbled (maybee 20 now).

Pies