Skunk Loach

spooky

In my tank I have a skunk loach (Botia morleti) that came free, it hitched a lift in the plants when I first planted the tank. Desite this traumatic experience it seems to be healthy.

My problem is that it is an unplanned addition. The advice I can find on the net suggests it should be kept with a few of its own kind. However, I don't really want to add more to the tank. Partly because I don't want to risk adding another aggressive fish to the tank and partly because I have other plans for the remaining space in the tank. I'm also not in a position to start another tank either.

The species also seems to have a reputation for being agressive but my one doesn't seem to be causing trouble (its only tank mates at the moment are Tiger Barbs and Otos).

What are peoples experiences with this fish ? Does anyone have experience with keeping one on its own ?

Hi there Spooky,

I bought two for snail control and found them very aggressive towards eachother.

I have since split them up and find they are quite shy on their own and don't appear to annoy anyone else.

Thay seem to be happy and healthy.

Hope this helps you

Cheers

Robbo :wink: