Acrylic tanks

sorcha

I had an 18" square acrylic tank for ages - it didnt end up with the blur of scratches everyone seems to think it will. Yes, some people dont look after acrylic tanks and they get scratched but if you are careful and use a specific scrubber specially for acrylic as I did then it should last well. I'd say dont knock it before you try it :) (JMTCW)

Hey Spider, yup - i think it boils down to care. I dont see why a large tank needs to be more of a concern. Someone mentioned if rocks or whatever falls against the acrylic its gonna scratch - i say bring it on, cos i'd rather a scratch than a smashed glass panel :wink: Personally, Ive been trying to find a manufacturer who does those double and triple octagonal tanks that link together with a couple of square swim-throughs (for want of a better description). A mate had one in Europe and it looked pretty cool, and the fish seemed to love the fact they could swim off and explore. (God did i really say that, lol)