Split?

Naz_Nomad

Why would you want to separate cichlids from lake Nicaragua from other central american cichlids??

Seems how there's a lot of people keen on rift lake cichlids perhaps it could be split into rift lake and other cichlids, but there's not really that many posts to make it worth while IMO.

MFK has a Cichlids forum, for general cichlid discussion, along with six sub-forums; African Rift Lake Cichlids, African Riverine & Madagascar, Central and South American Cichlids, Peacock Bass, Crenicichla (Pike Cichlids), Angel Fish & Discus.

They also have nearly 36000 members! :roll:

I agree with Naz and Foxglove, for some reason a lot of people here seem to use the word "cichlid(s)" when talking about African rift lake cichlids, as if there are no other cichlids. Eg;

"I'm setting up a 4' cichlid tank, what should I put in it?".

They are talking about a rift lake biotope, yet they have used the word cichlid ignoring the fact that it also covers riverine african cichlids, central and south american cichlids (from dwarfs to monsters) and the few species from asia.

I think subject lines in general on this forum [not just Cichlids] need to be made more specific, I hate seeing topics like "Help needed" or "tank for sale" etc and often don't even bother with them.