Light colour

Fenriswolf

Well I've been reading about approximate wattage per litre and deg kelvin and that's great but I'm not sure I understand it in practice.

I have an aquarium that is 50 wide x 50 deep by 70cm tall that is planted. So theoretically 200-250watts would be good, but of course the tank isn't very wide so I can't have long fluorescent tubes.

I was thinking that maybe one of these and one of these would be good but I don't know if I'm way off the mark?

Well I've been reading about approximate wattage per litre and deg kelvin and that's great but I'm not sure I understand it in practice.

I have an aquarium that is 50 wide x 50 deep by 70cm tall that is planted. So theoretically 200-250watts would be good, but of course the tank isn't very wide so I can't have long fluorescent tubes.

I was thinking that maybe one of these and one of these would be good but I don't know if I'm way off the mark?

Its going to be hard to get light penetration down 70cm

http://www.fitchfamily.com/lighting.html is a good read

Remember you are going to also need to add CO2/flourish excel and some form of fert

If it was me id get a tank thats not so tall and is longer(if possible)

Personally i use power saver lights that are 6500k and 100w. They are cheap as chips and work well for me

Well I've actually had this tank set up for a while in a tank of the same dimensions but wide rather than tall - only it developed a slow leak so I've moved everything over to the tall tank but of course my lights are far too long for the top of this tank!

I'm not actually sure what wattage I'm using currently but they're decent lights and if anything my plants were growing too fast (I also use basic masterpet plant food)

70cm is damn deep, it's kind of a pain but it looks nice and it was spare. Thanks for the link :)