Anyone got one of these?

ryanjury

I am looking at getting one but wondering how it goes and how powerful it is..

Would be looking at running 20+ airstones/filters off it so it may not be good enough..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 932896.htm

Or can anyone recommend a suitably prices large pump that would do the job..

On another note does anyone have a big airpump or any air powered filters for sale? Will repost in P T and E if no replies from here..

I Have one of those but it over heated in like 20mins so i emailed the seller and they said send it back and we will replace it

i have had no contact from them for about 3 weeks so im down $60 and have no pump. (it was not that trader tho)

but the pump was very powerful i had it running on 15 small air stones and a 3ft air curtain

hi ryan i brought one of those for my fish room off tm i am only running 3 tanks off it thou , i threw away that manifold and because i work for an engineering supplies company i made one out of stainless steel with 6 outlets and have small regulators controling the flow from one.

i run a small sponge filter in each tank, each regulator is turned down as low as the can go.in my opinion it would probably run 20 airstones/sponge filters.

and anyway the way i looked at it was that it has 6 outlets on the manifold and 6 airpumps at $15.00 was $90. the only downside that i thought of was if the pump failed it would stop all your tanks. other than that , it was the best purchase i have ever made for my fish.

if you are ever in the 'naki give me a pm if you want to have a look at one running

they are a little bit noisy(vibration) but mine is outside and i hung it on a cup hook from the ceiling and makes about the same noise as a normal air pump

michael.

Did you have that same model or an equivalent one from a different trader?

I know its cheap does anyone have any better options? I do like a bargain and appreciate you get what you pay for but prefer to go for something that will last a while not something thats soo cheap it craps out straight away..

Noise isn't an issue the fishroom is a lined section of the external garage price and performance are what matter :)

Cheers stimpy29 did you buy that exact pump off that seller? Might call through at some stage will be in touch my mum lives in Hawera and she should probably see her granddaughter at some stage :roll:

How long have you had it going now? I would do what a friend has done in his fishroom and plumb it all in with large piping and small ones coming off for filters, obviously dont want something unrelialbe as it will be running filters and dont want them to stop!

Hi All

Everybody seems to have a bitch about these compressors except me.

I run 4 of these units the two largest being 350 Liters / Minute, and the smallest, 45 liters / Minute to run my "Brine Shrimp Hatchery".

That uses three 50mm X 20mm Cylindrical airstones.

The model you need to run your twenty airstones is 100 Liters / Minute minimum and costs about $140.00; at "BEST" mates rates.

Tasman Aquarium Club members who visit my house and the fishroom will tell you that my compressors dont make any more noise than a mouse munching rice bubbles.

Sales Plug Removed.

Use the Commercial Section To Advertise.

Mod

Bill.

Good luck.

:bow: