Axo's gills been nibbled

wormalicious

Common problem, snookie's right - goldies and axies don't mix. There's the very rare occurance that your axie may be undergoing metamorphosis as in this BBC article but you're more than likely correct in your diagnosis of nibbling.

Axies are able to regenerate just about everything, but your primary focus right now should be to prevent infection that can lead to death. Infections are primarily gram negative but are sometimes gram positive bacteria.

My first step in your situation would be to move your axie to a well aerated tank (to aid in breathing with damaged gills through the skin as well) and keep a close eye on it. Treat with antibiotics if infection is detected.

Have to run, good luck!

Thanks for the info blue,

Its a definate case of nibbling as I saw it happening ! I knew it was a little risky to have them together...they have been in the tank for over a year anf no problems till now.. I have removed the gold fish and shall watch and wait I guess, poor axo :( I feel guilty ! He is a great specimen too , white albino ( my other is a gold albino )