Flea Bombs and Fish Tanks

becc4

Seems Bay of Plenty is a great place for flea breeding. THis is the first time I have encountered the little blighters like this and need to put a stop to the breeding cycle before they take over! Only problem is flea bombs are not so good for fish tanks.

Has anyone out there bombed their place with fish tanks. On the bomb can it reckons turn off filters and cover well. I was planning on gladwrapping the fish tanks and keeping the filters. The only ones that I would turn off are the sponge filters running off the air pumps. can anyone give me some helpful hints.

Cheers :D

Heres what I have for when I use the spraycan ones on the room.

I got a long piece of irrigation hose (the 13mm black stuff) and it has those 4mm sticky in things for drippers, I have a hose between inside and outside that I use when siphoning the tanks, I just put the black hose on the end with click fittings. Then I put the airpumps outside, and the other end I hook up to the air manifolds (not really any loss of flow I can see) and then I gladwrap the top of the tanks totally, as tight as I can where the canister filter pipes come out. The positive pressure means that no room air will get in.

Then set off the spray can and walk out. Then I go out for a long time since those fumes really mess me up. No casultys yet, other then the fleas