first tank finally set up!

firespook

Yay, I finally got all my bits and pieces together and set up my very first tank. :bounce:

I'm pretty happy with how it looks, will add more plants next week, however I'm thinking maybe the lights are too blue? They are just the bulbs that came with the light, I didn't think I'd need to change them.

Also, (I mentioned this in a previous thread) the filter seems to be creating a bit of a current, pushing a lot of water around the tank and making the plants move a bit and every now and then spurts a whole lot of water out - it this normal? (Can you tell I'm paranoid?)

Anyway, here are the pics...

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Nice looking tank!

I don't know if anyone will agree with it, coz I can see a few problems with it, but with my smaller tank and high output on the filter, I aimed the output along the shorter wall of the tank (over the heater) so it soon hit a wall and then moved along the long edge of the tank. The currents were wreaking less havoc on the plants.

Does that make sense?

I would guess that the water circulation isnt at it's best when doing this.

The bulbs look more like marine ones, you may want to switch them around so that the white one is at the front, also that filter is an 1800LPH internal filter.

It should have also come with a tap attachment, because in a tank that size, its going to be washing machine material

cool, i'll have a look at my bulbs tomorrow, swap 'em around.

and what does the tap attachment look like?

Nice looking tank!

I don't know if anyone will agree with it, coz I can see a few problems with it, but with my smaller tank and high output on the filter, I aimed the output along the shorter wall of the tank (over the heater) so it soon hit a wall and then moved along the long edge of the tank. The currents were wreaking less havoc on the plants.

Does that make sense?

I would guess that the water circulation isnt at it's best when doing this.

yeah it makes sense, i think i'm going to have to do something about that filter, which is so annoying cos i thought it was all ok and will have to wait even longer for fish now! :(