Ram Spawn Question

Rozski

My pair of blue rams have just spawned in the middle of my big java fern in my community tank.

Only got the male on Saturday and did not expect him to get it on so quick :lol:

Problem is, I do not have any methylene blue. Is it a waste of time to pull the leaf of java fern off and stick the eggs in a net in the community tank to protect them? (same as shifting them to the 22 litre tank I have spare, except it means I don't have to clean it and set it up lol)

Or shall I just call this batch a lost one, get better prepared and cross my fingers that they'll spawn again?

Gonna be tired tomorrow...

Just set up a small tank with 3 inches of water, a heater and an airstone.

Have picked off the leaf of java fern with the eggs and put it in a net in the community tank for tonight. Will shift it to the smaller tank tomorrow when I get some meth blue.

Could put them in the smaller tank now I suppose... letting the water and temp stablize in there first tho

I feel so mean though. The male was guarding the nest and fanning the eggs so nicely. Now both parents are looking at where their eggs were :( Probably wake up in the morning to eggs covered in fungus...

mmmm, all good until I got home this afternoon. Only had the odd egg turn white before now, and today, half were white. Scraped off most, but of course there are remnants left which I guess will spread to the rest of the eggs.

Added a bit of formalin just now (had it here, saw it recommended as an antifungal and thought, why not)

But I guess thats this lot of eggs out :-?