New tank setup

evilknieval69

Well this is the stand. First pic is without the ply, second with the ply (no way :roll: )

350ltankstandSmall.jpg

350ltankstandwithtopSmall.jpg

Just gotta let it fully dry now and then it will go into the room and all stations will be go. I want to get some sort of black fabric to put around it so you cant see into it but for the meantime ive just painted it all black. May even put some ends on it and some doors and make it a nice cabinet if i can be stuffed :lol:

Yea could be an idea, but nah would need to be drilled etc. Easier to just stick with my canister filter....

Anyway, tank is in place!

P1020130Small.jpg

BUT

Next problem....

There is a hump in the middle of the stand, and it drops by a fair amount at each end.... enough that i can tip the tank back and forth very easily and it will rock....

Two things i could do. 1, get a new piece of ply to go on top cos this ones obviously swollen in the middle or 2, get some of that expanding foam and spray it under each end, let it expand, cut off the excess and then fill er up.... I know someone on here did it a little while ago when their concrete pad was off a little bit and it worked sweet. theirs was only a sump tank though.....

idea's?

FIXED! :bounce: :bounce:

Took the tank off and tested everything for flat. Bottom of tank was perfect (as you'd expect) top of stand was perfect.... WTF??!?!?! Put a different piece of polystyrene on (not the stuff i got with the tank) and vuila! Sits PERFECT now.....

Now i gotta fill it up and hope nothing goes Bang :)