My first killi fry.....now what?

paul_r

Hey guys just thought id let you all know that my first killi fry hatched today. I found it wriggling around its container when i came home for lunch.... not really wriggling, just the odd flicker of its tail.

I took it out of the meth blue & water and put into a container of fresh water from dad and mum(s) tank with a few micro worms as it looked to my inexperienced eyes as if the fry was in trouble, and logically sounded like a "belly slider"

I put in a small piece of that stuff that oxygenates the water. I just checked the fry just now and was moveing slightly. - still has the sack by its belly, not going after microworms etc.

It this normal? and if fry dies what can i do to avoid problem in the future?

Paul

Okay it is good to learn that the newborn fry should have no sack near their bellies, Alan as you said it may well be that it couldnt get out of its egg, i have left in the container incase the reason it isnt moving is because it is saveing its energy for a later date to get out of the egg (im hopeing :D )

I have also got some more eggs which are eyed up and should be hatching in the next day or two, all of my first batch fungused

You can release them from the shell by sucking in and out with a eye-dropper, or similar.

But if it has been like that for too long it wil probablel be deformed.

Don't be discouraged tho as I'm sure you will have more killies than you can handle in the months to come.