Snails and Plants

Navarre

Hi All,

I would like some advice on how to get rid of Snails pre planting my plants. LOL

Someone suggested on this list, Potassium Permanganate.

Does anyone know what ratio you use to make a dip for the plants and how long do you leave the plant in the mix?

I would appreachiate your help.

Navarre

Yeahp, do it the way HaNs said, alternativly you can use any sinking foods in the cup, and do it at night time or lights out time i found best results then.

And if you are just gonna kill them, instead, you could give them to me :lol:

Ahhh milet - was gonna send a whole lot down with Billaney - guess what?

SOMEBODY has cleaned out the big tank where there were thousands as it was too dirty - which it was - and COMPOSTED them all :(

And all the plants went into a holding tank with something in the water to kill snails...

So much for that lovely idea of mine. Say sorry to the puffers for me please. :roll:

To get rid of snails BEFORE putting the plants in the tank, get some pottasium permanganate AKA condys crystals and dip them in that. Make up a pinky solution in a bucket with some water and leave the plants in it for half an hour, then rinse them off and chuck them into your tank. All snails and algaes *should* be dead

HTH