Shiuh's Planted Tank

shiuh

This is not double post Bill. Warren has checked this thread and the FW tanks before and it is fine.

This is the aquatic plants thread where members can discuss issues. whilst the freshwater members tanks section is solely for members to view. i have joined the forum long enough to know the rules.

The post before here actually shows the progression of the plants grow from Jan to until now. i am sure belated aquatic plant members would like to see this and give certain comments.

thanks for removing my post :-?

Your post was discussed with the mods before it was removed, and it was confirmed as a double post.

Anyone clicking on the link above can see your pics... and anyone that cares to,.. can discuss your setup here.

You say:

whilst the freshwater members tanks section is solely for members to view. i have joined the forum long enough to know the rules

Then I think you had best read them again.

ANY Member (FNZAS or otherwise).. can VIEW the pics in the FW Members section... but only members of the FNZAS can POST their pics there.

I too have been here long enough Shiuh.. and all I and the other mods do is to work to the guidelines and to make things fair for everyone.

If you are unhappy with this, then I suggest you contact Warren, as he confirmed my action was the correct one.

Bill.

sorry bill but i have to disagree with you 8)

the post in the fw members section had up to date photos

here the photoes show how the tank has changed in the time from june

SHIUH's PLANTED TANK

Tank size: 1000mm x 450mm x 300mm

Light:

150 W fittings metal halide.

with 6500K venture DE bulb.

Plants: stargrass, indian stargrass, hairgrass, rotala indica, java moss, ambulia, twisted dward sag, java fern twisted, glosso

and plants that i cant name...lol

Fish:

100+ wcmm

6-7 bronze cories

2 SAE

2 pencil fish

Co2:

Nutrafin Natural plant co2 system.

with ladder diffuser.

Substrate:

Dayton propagating sand

Dayton aquatic mix

this part of the post has not changed

but it is relevent to the topic...

maybe a change in name would be better....

thats just what i think :D

As far as I could see... the two sets of pics looked the same.

If there "were" differences.. and they "were" from a different time scale.. then by all means Shiuh... re-post them and I will remove all these erroneous posts and just leave yours at the start.

You say:

this part of the post has not changed

but it is relevent to the topic...

Perhaps this was the part I saw and considered it a double post... (it was around midnight he he)

Personally.. if the pics "were" different.. then they would have been better with the others in the Members area side by side (or above and below).. to show the before and after views.

The link could still have been here.. and the discussion could still take place here... I can't see the prob.

Bill.

Right, back to the topic. Very nice work, shiuh. You should be proud. I quickly got tired of the constant pruning of the stem plants and shifted to slower growing plants such as swords and ferns. You will find that selling off your cuttings on TradeMe will easily pay for the electricity bill for that MH :)

Looking forward to you coming out for a visit some day.