How to keep them healthy?

slimNZ

I have quite a bit of plant in my new 60L tropical tank with 9 fish. Although the plant are growing well with new leaves, the leaves are small, thin and not looking healthy. The old leaves are not looking too nice either and they lost a bit of the green lush. I have a 11w florescent light that is on 14 hours/day. OK it is a study light but the tank is near to window. What can I do to improve the condition of the plant?

My plant types are hygropilia polysperma, hygrophila difformis, sagittaria subulata, rotala rotundifolia, cryptocoryne wendtii and roseafolia.

So far roseafolia is the only one that is doing well.

Thanks,

Sam

try florish excel. the price could be a little dearer but it is cheaper because it has a better concentration level compare to other brand.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 185895.htm

you might want to consider substrate fertliser. you can buy this from hollywood in ak or trademe. i think tankgirl3 sells them:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 259397.htm

insert the ball among the roots area and you roots will grow nice and firm. no pleco is going to plug them out of your gravel.

Thanks Plantman, will get the Florish. As for the in gravel fertliser, well most of my plant are new and not many has their root into the grave yet, so may try that a bit later. At the moment, I have up the light to 23W which is 1550 lumen. Hope the plant will be fine from now :D