Wat to put with an oscar

Syphonator

i have severum, jack dempceys, redspot pleco, festivem, convict, jag, red parrot, blue acara and a syno cat in my tank with my oscars.

i started off with all of my fish from babys, this way they have all grown up together and get along fine apart from the odd flearing season between the smaller guys

most of the time i find that as long as the other fish wont fit in the o's mouth it will be fine, although sometimes they think that there mouth is bigger than what it is so make sure that it carnt bit half of the new fish.

i have a mate who also has lots of different types of cichilds in wtih his o's and some of them would easly fit in the o's mouth but they seem fine.

everys o's different so its really just trail and error but whats in my tank should be fine if theyre right size imo

if its under 300L then i wouldnt try adding anything else to the tank. 200L is considered bare minimum for one oscar alone and IMO thats still too small when you have a 12" fish swimming around. make sure you have your filtration sussed too, aim for at least 10x per hour when using HOB's/internals and at least 5x when using canisters. they are very messy fish!

if you do have a large enough tank severums, silver dollars, jack dempsies, blue acaras, smaller plecos, convicts and so on can work well.

its a 50/50 chance your O will allow tankmates, it doesnt take long (a few days) for an oscar to claim its territory and once thats happened you may be hard pressed to get your hands in the tank let alone other fish :lol: you can always try a tankmate/s out but make sure you have an immediate backup plan incase he goes in for the kill.

i consider myself very lucky with my O, he will let me add any fish i like as long as its not another oscar and he cant eat it.