tough little B/N in my sump

mat692

:D My sump for my 1000L is set up with a danio and a couple of albino cories to feed on any food that gets through the wet dry bio filtration- it also has a light and some plants to help suck up some nutrients. opened it up today to place a little food in there (once a week) and noticed a baby B/N :D:wink: its amazing how tough some fish are it would have had to get past an O, 3jewels, a clown knife, large plecs and a con, over a 70cmish waterfall through my pre filter (is only broken up $2 shop body loafers) through the bioballs ect and into the sump.

I didnt even know any of my BN were breeding or they would have gone in there own tank, but theres no way of catching them know..

hahahah wow snap.

today at work i pulled apart the massive canister filer on the plant cascade and down the bottom below the grate holding up the filter media was a bristle nose. he was about 3.5 cm as well and we didnt even know there had been bristle nose in there. they are tough little fish. we found one of the bars for the strainer had been broken so must have tgot through there.

i've had it happen in canister filters at home as well when they have been breeding and the babys just dissapear. lucky the filters draw water in from the bottom to the top otherwise there may have been minced fish. :o