Goldfish help

polgara

Hey there everyone, my friend has a prob withher goldfish, which I have been trying to help her with. ok here goes.........she lives in the spray zone but they are inside in a tank, with a lid. One spray day it seemed really bad in the house even though it was shut up, and Pam went out, when she returned she opened up the house to air it out. Ok the next day one goldfish had dyed, then 4 days later anyother dyed. I went over to have a look, and there is like this thin layer of bubbles around the top of the tank on the sides. Pam does a water change every 3 days, 1/3. SO because of these bubbles I told her to do it everyday for a week. 3 days later another fish has dyed, and the 3 that are left are not looking to healthy. She has had these goldfish for a while now, and never had a prob before, (apart from a cat in the tank).

The bubbles are still formin around the tank, and I just give up on what to do........HELP.....any ideas????

Hi Polgara.

definitely get the water tested.

the deaths could b totally unrelated to the spray.

bubbling at the surface could b from high proteins/faecal organic material. these might have compromised the gf's immune system n led to an infectious disease outbreak?? ensure ammonia, nitrites n nitrates r nil.

what clinical signs r they showing? chk every fish closely. with toxicities, what usually happens is high mortalities, close to 100% within a short time span. the fact that a fish is dying every now n then suggests possibly an infectious cause, or a low dose toxin at work.

the fact that it's still bubbling = not enough water changes. up it to 50%. Once every 48hrs, ensuring temp is the same n chlorine removed. i would add 2 tablespoon salt per 10L water changed. Also get some activated charcoal...helps to adsorb n bind any toxins.