Melbourne Aquarium Pics

Zev

Coral Atoll Pics - sorry hard to get decent photos because of the curvature of the front of the tank, it went from floor to ceiling in a complete circle, and the fish swam around rather fast.

It was split into two separate habitats with Lionfish and smaller fish on one side, and larger fish on the other.

Wrasse.jpg

Humphead Wrasse, about two foot long - fast swimmer.

Moray.jpg

Moray Eel with it's head in a collection of fake Acros

Ray.jpg

Ray

ceramic-acro.jpg

Ceramic Acros!

Nice one Zev! :D

I'm heading over there in a couple of weeks so now I'm really looking forwards to it. Some things we don't normally see over here, also one tank that seems to be thick with algae I presume that is intentional?

Hey wouldn't it be sweet scoring a job looking after the marine tanks in a place like that! :o

The little tank with the algae has the purple starfish, shrimp and Cowfish in it. It's only about 900 x 300 x 300mm in size.

If you want to go around the complex more than once, don't go on the 'Ride the Dive' until last, as the exit for this is the gift shop and I don't think you can get back in from there.

Also if you buy something from the gift shop, the back of your entry ticket should have a 10% discount voucher on it - we didn't notice this until after we left!

See how you go at photographing the lion fish and the big Wrasse, I didn't have much luck with either!

If you want to go around the complex more than once, don't go on the 'Ride the Dive' until last, as the exit for this is the gift shop and I don't think you can get back in from there.

Well that's a useful tip, I bet a few people get caught with that!