Lights for AR620T

shauntilyard

So this is a really tall tank and at the moment my plants are doing not what they are meant to be doing unless that is dying in a gooey mess.

I have contacted petplanet and they say that these are the lights that you can get for my fittings.

18w 7100K Day Bright White $13.00

18w 14000K Day Bright Pink $19.00

18w 7100K White/1200K Blue (for marine tanks) $13.00

18w Marine Blue 1200K (for marine tanks) $14.20

Can anyone suggest which would be the best for this tank

Thank you

7100K is the one to go for BUT unless an AR620T is only 30 litres 18W i feel is a bit on the dull side ( You need more Watts).

Also how old is the bulb? Less than 6months it shoudl be fine, 6-12 months its on the way out, 12 month + and it should go straight in the bin!

Of course also depends on what you are trying to grow, some plants are easier than others. Have you taken the lead weights off?

What is the substrate/ gravel you are growing them in?

How 'old' are the plants? I found that often plants straight from the fish shop will die after a week of so of looking good - BUT the roots will be establishing themselves and often the plant will grow back stronger than ever.

A bit more info would help.

• 4 weeks later...

hazymranch: depending on how old the 620t is you may find it has single ended tubes rather than the standard fluros like a normal 620 so i dont know if that change will be possible. definately good on a 620 to be able to do that though.

also means if it is the single ended tubes there will be two of them so 36w of light. still not enough for optimum plant growth on a tank liek that which from memory is about 120 litres and being so deep makes it even harder to grow plants....... in saying that i know plenty of people who successfully have plants growing in these tanks.

more info would be great though