Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Triplefin - Common
Hardy bottom dweller in the aquarium, can be very territorial during breeding season October to February
- Scientific Name: Forsterygion lapillum
- Habitat: All types of habitat round NZ coastline down to 15 metres
- Temperament: Generally peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 6 months 200 litres minimum
- Diet: Any meaty foods
- Special Requirements: 4 to 8cms
- Endemic: Yes
- Aquarium Suitability: Very suitable as first fish once tank has cycled