- Scientific Name: Atypichthys latus
- Habitat: Usually found around the north eastern coast of the North Island of New Zealand to depths of about 60 m (200 ft), off headlands and offshore islands.
- Temperament: Peaceful and timid
- Tank Age/Maturity: 300 litres and at least six months
- Diet: They need live food as they feed on small crustaceans, such as amphipods, in the aquarium they can be fed on live mysid Shrimp, mosquito wrigglers, daphnia and whiteworms (very fatty) and hatched brineshrimp.
- Size: To 20cm.usually