The monoplex whelk is easily recognised as it has a hairy external skin and the shell opening is beautifully marked with orange and brown stripes.
- Scientific Name: Monoplex australasiae
- Habitat: Commonly found in shallow coastal waters along rocky shorelines in depths of 1 to 15 m.
- Temperament: Predator
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: Feeds on starfish.and other Echinderms
- Special Requirements: Needs to be watched to ensure it is still alive
- Size: Can get up to 180mm