Anemone - Red Beadlet or Waratah
- Actinia tenebrosa
When closed it shows only its dark brown-red outer surface, when open it shows a lighter red colour. This species releases well-developed young anemones through the mouth, which often attach themselves to rocks in close proximity to the parent.
- Scientific Name: Actinia tenebrosa
- Habitat: Possibly the most common species of sea anemone found around the coast of New Zealasnd. It is usually found in rock pools in the intertidal zone
- Temperament: Predator
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 3 months old
- Diet: Will eat meaty foods or frozen Brine shrimp
- Special Requirements: Can sting fish and eat small crustaceans.