Nudibranch - Clown
The Clown Nudibranch has a white body which is patterned with orange and purple spots on its back. The gills and rhinophores are crimson-purple in color. They grow up to 60 mm in length.
- Scientific Name: Ceratosoma amoenum
- Habitat: Found around NZ's rocky coastlines, from low tide to 40 metres.
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: It has been seen feeding on sponges from the genus Semitaspongia and the species Dysidea fragilis. If they reduce in size it means they are not getting fed enough
- Special Requirements: Needs Specific sponges for food, if you can't supply the sponge they will die. Cover power heads.