Starfish - Oar Star
- Generally a blackish red shade with its legs covered in flat spines that give it its name. It is a very fast moving brittle star.
- Scientific Name: Ophiopteris antipodum
- Habitat: Found along the coast of northern New Zealand Found in amongst boulders and rock pools at low tide.
- Temperament: Peaceful, can be eaten by Hermit crabs.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: They filter plankton and detritus for food.
- Special Requirements: Lots of Rock work to hide in.