Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Banded Coral Shrimp
The Banded Coral Shrimp has striking colouration with the body and tail banded in red and white and covered in small spines, they can grow up to 60mm in body size with the antennae and periopods extending further. Tthey are a cleaner shrimp and remove parasites, fungi and damaged tissue from the fish.
- Scientific Name: Stenopus hispidus ,Â
- Habitat: They are found on rocky reefs off the northern coast of New Zealand in the intertidal zone to a depth of 15 metres.
- Temperament: Peaceful,
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres minium at least 6 months old
- Diet: Readily accept all foods; live and frozen pods, mysid shrimp, raw mussel, prawn
- Special Requirements: Will be eaten by Wrasses etc.