Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Wrasse - Orange
Orange wrasse goes through different colour phases depending on their age and sex, It’s colours are highly variable from grey to brown to bright orange and red-brown. Males have black and white splotching on their backs, females have several white lines under their eyes, but lack the blotches seen in males.
- Scientific Name: Pseudolabrus luculentus
- Habitat: Found around New Zealand including the Kermadec Islands over rocky reefs at depths up to 50m.
- Temperament: Predatory if it fits in its mouth it will be eaten.Can be aggressive.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 400 litres preferably larger at least 3 months old.
- Diet: Feeds mainly on small benthic invertebrates like ophiuroids, chitons, amphipods, and small gastropods. Will eat anything you feed it once acclimatised
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Need room to swim,
- Size: 40 - 60cm