A very thin, disc shaped fish. Body and fins are olive brown with green-brown wavy stripes and a golden sheen. A large central dark spot ringed with silver is present on each side of the body. Its pelvic, and in particular dorsal, fin rays are elongated and they have a very large, extendable mouth. .
- Scientific Name: Zeus Faber
- Habitat: Found around the coastline at depths of 0 â€“ 300 metres, but are uncommon south of Cook Strait
- Temperament: Predatory they have a huge mouth.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 500 litres and at least six months
- Diet: Should be fed live foods to start with as take a while to accept dead foods, then feed fish, mussels, prawn and meaty foods
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Lots of room to swim
- Endemic: N/A
- Size: 60cm