Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Wrasse - Moon or Lunar Wrasse
Typical elongated wrasse shape with the body dark green to blue. Its head is green to blue with irregular pink to violet.
- Scientific Name: Caprodon Longimanus
- Habitat: Found around coastal reefs, and in protected seaward reefs around northern New Zealand at depths of from 1 â€“ 20 metres
- Temperament: Fairly peaceful
- Tank Age/Maturity: 100 litres and at least six months
- Diet: Feeds mainly on small benthic invertebrates and fish eggs. Easily adjusts to eating frozen foods but will benefit from live food in the tank
- Threatened Species: N/A
- Special Requirements: Can be harassed by larger wrasses
- Endemic: N/A
- Size: 25 - 35cm