Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Young fish are blotched in varying shades of brown. Adults are usually green to blue-black above, with white on the belly. Can grow to 60cm and weigh up to Young fish are blotched in varying shades of brown. Adults are usually green to blue-black above, with white on the belly. Can weigh up to 3kg.
- Scientific Name: Parapercis Colias
- Habitat: Usually found offshore around N.Z. over reefs and sandy bottoms to 50 metres
- Temperament: Predatory. Strongly territorial and any species that fit in its mouth will be eaten.
- Tank Age/Maturity: 1000 litres and at least six months
- Diet: This fish feeds mainly on small fish and crabs etc, so readily accepts all meaty goods
- Threatened Species: A Quota fish, with a minimum legal size
- Special Requirements: Good clean water and needs swimming space.
- Endemic: Yes
- Size: 60cm